Because of the high initial outlay ,comparatively few people choose to play the oboe . However, you will find that a good oboe will always hold it's value ,so that although you may tie up your money at the start, you should get a good proportion back later on. when trading up. They are as vital to a wind ensemble or an orchestra.
Choosing your first oboe is fairly straightforward. In the UK, most teachers prefer a thumbplate model oboe. The models we find most often recommended by Teachers are the Buffet Artist, and the Howarth S10B. They are both wooden instruments, . The Howarth is made in the UK to a very high standard. Both instruments are noted for consistency of performance. The Howarth is widely regarded for it's tonal quality.
Rest assured that all our Oboes, are checked ,set up and tested to professional standards before dispatch
Why Rent an Oboe
Many parents of children learning for the first time, are understandably unsure of buying until they are more confident that the child will cope with learning the instrument, Don Mack's Rental Scheme can provide the ideal introducton to the instrument for a comparatively small outlay. Some advantages of our Rental Scheme are as follows:
- Rent is paid every three months.
- No minimum or maximum periods.
- If there is a fault with the instrument, it is fixed for FREE.
- If you decide to buy the instrument, you get one rental charge off the price.
- Rest assured that all our Oboes, are checked ,set up and tested to professional standards before dispatch.